The law firm of Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP, provides intelligent, aggressive and creative criminal defense on behalf of individuals accused of committing crime. Clients can always expect compassionate, nonjudgmental and understanding treatment from our defense lawyers. The firm is committed to close working and informed relationships with clients.
From offenses such as DUI, reckless driving and manslaughter, to violent crimes alleged against persons and property, including rape, robbery, murder, drug and sex-related offenses, the experienced and tested criminal defense lawyers at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP, fight on behalf of clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley.
We are prepared to fight aggressively for your rights and future if you have been charged with:
- DUI/DWI: The attorneys at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP have decades of combined experience defending drivers against DUI/DWI allegations Our firm provides DUI/DWI representation of minors, commercial drivers and before the California Department of Motor Vehicles for threatened suspension or revocation of a driver’s license.
- Drug offenses: Our firm is skilled in the defense of drug-related crimes, whether it be simple possession, cultivation, manufacturing, transportation or sales of a controlled substance. This can include crimes that involve prescription medication and substance abuse issues that require rehabilitation programs. At Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP, clients whose rights have been infringed under the 4 th Amendment to the United States Constitution, and who are threatened with registration as a drug offender, are vigorously defended.
- Sex offenses: The attorneys at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP have a proven track record of success in aggressively defending against charges of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, rape, child molestation, crimes involving the exchange or procurement of digital images on the internet, solicitation of prostitution or prostitution. Aggressive defense is necessary to guard against collateral consequences of a sex offense conviction, such as mandatory jail or prison time, lifetime registration on the internet as a sex offender, as well as the associated humiliation and loss of professional licensing and employment.
- Theft and fraud offenses: The law offices of Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP are a dedicated defender against allegations of misdemeanor and felony theft and fraud. Such crimes can involve claims of business or white collar fraud and theft, embezzlement, identity theft and internet crimes. In many cases, exorbitant and unreasonable claims of loss result in hearings on restitution. The attorneys at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP have extensive experience in defending against outrageous loss claims.
- Serious and violent offenses: Anyone accused of committing a “serious” or “violent” felony, or who may have a “serious” or “violent” felony prior conviction, must have the most aggressive criminal defense representation possible, since these crimes may constitute “strikes” under the 3-Strikes law in California. The 3-Strikes law mandates that those convicted of a serious or violent felony must go to prison, must have their term of imprisonment doubled where a strike prior is proven, and must be committed to prison for 25 years-to-life, where two or more strike convictions have been proven. The defense attorneys at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP are skilled advocates in defending against serious and violent offenses—crimes that include firearms use, great bodily injury, robbery, burglary or murder. Many more crimes qualify for treatment under the 3-Strikes law in California, and the criminal defense lawyers at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP are available to defend against the devastating consequences of a conviction.
- Juvenile crimes—delinquency and dependency: The attorneys at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP are specially trained and have the required experience to defend juveniles in both delinquency (criminal allegations) proceedings and dependency (out-of-home placement) proceedings in juvenile court. In addition, the firm represents juveniles before school disciplinary boards in matters of threatened academic suspension or expulsion stemming from claims of criminal misconduct. Restoring the promise and potential of a juvenile client to function successfully in an adult world is a valued priority at Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP.
Compassion And Understanding From Our Highly Skilled Defense Attorneys
Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP prides itself on the delivery of criminal defense in a nonjudgmental, compassionate and understanding way. Whether you are merely worried about an exposure to criminal prosecution, are actively under investigation, or have been arrested and charged, the attorneys at Rien, Adams and Cox, LLP are available to help. Lawyers are standing by to answer all of your questions.
Call to Request A Free Initial Consultation With Our Defense Attorneys
Contact Rien, Adams & Cox, LLP today. Scheduling a free initial consultation is easy. Simply contact us online or call 925-449-0666.
The firm is conveniently located in Livermore and is centrally situated to serve in the Alameda (Oakland, Fremont, San Leandro Juvenile, Dublin), Contra Costa (Martinez, Richmond), Santa Clara (San Jose, Redwood City), San Joaquin (Manteca, French Camp Juvenile, Stockton, Lodi) and Stanislaus (Modesto) County courthouses.